Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thought for the day 7th of May 2011


We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon” by Konrad Adenauer. 

I like the insight of the author, who delivered the quote. I know that our backgrounds are different. Some are born in rich families, some in poor. Some have nice parents, others bad or have none at all. Naturally, if you come from a good background you have more opportunities in life and if your parents are poor you have less. However, I and most probably you know a few stories how people from very good backgrounds wasted everything they had and ended up in ruins and those who came from ‘pathetic background’ got out of their environment and did great things in life. 

What caused one having tremendous opportunities to lose everything and another who seemingly had no chances to achieve anything become inventor, great businessman, awesome writer and etc? It is the vision that the first did not have and the other had and went after it. This tells me one thing: neither abundance of opportunities can make you successful nor absence of opportunities can make you a loser. It all depends on your inner vision and determination to follow the vision. I hope you enjoyed my thought of the day. Good luck for you. 

Read my previous post:

Don’t allow winter outside to destroy your inside summer