Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nice thoughts

In this post I just want to give you some nice thoughts, which may bless you today. I am not sure if you will be motivated much by them, but I hope they will amuse you and reveal ordinary truths of life. Like always, I expect to expand the post in the nearest future. 

Yeah, I read history. But it doesn't make you nice. Hitler read history, too” by Joan Rivers.

It is not only what we read but what conclusions and decisions we make based on what we have read that really matters. Knowledge is wasted and is futile if you do not properly apply it. 

At home I am a nice guy: but I don't want the world to know. Humble people, I've found, don't get very far” by Muhammad Ali.

You can be nice and that is really cool. However, I have some bad news for you. It is not enough to be nice. You also have to know what you want in life and go after it. 

The nice thing about being a celebrity is that, if you bore people, they think it's their fault” by Henry A. Kissinger.

That is the power that famous people have. They can talk nonsense and people still believe them. So powerful is the status of a celebrity. Unfortunately, the stupidity of a human being is also pretty amazing. You have to grow up and not to believe everything somebody famous says. 

There was a time in my life when I thought I had everything - millions of dollars, mansions, cars, nice clothes, beautiful women, and every other materialistic thing you can imagine. Now I struggle for peace” by Richard Pryor.

That is another proof that material things, human glory and vanity cannot satisfy your heart. Spiritual qualities, such as peace, love, joy, fidelity and etc. should be present for you to be a happy person. 

We try to be real nice and friendly to people, but sometimes they take advantage of that” by Layne Staley.

Of course they do. Not everyone lives thinking how to do good for others. Most people live thinking how to take advantage of other people goodness. That’s terrible. I hope we will grow up and stop doing that. 

Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down” by Jimmy Durante.

Going over other people heads is the worst way to go up. Why? Because you shall reap as you have sown and when your pride is finally crushed you will have to face people whom you have gone over. That will be a very humiliating experience. 

“When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes” by Dylan Thomas.

Not only the fire is nice, but also the fact that you finally did it. Of course, much depends on what kind of bridges you have burnt. Some bridges should not be burnt, but supported.
Hope you enjoyed the nice thoughts. 

See also: