Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Top 100 motivational quotes to live by

Motivational quotes is the topic of the post on the blog ‘Thought for the day’ today. In times, when your vision gets blurred these words of encouragement can clear up your spiritual eyes and lift up your spirit to new highs. Come back from time to time to read the post for I will be updating it as often as I can. Enjoy these motivational quotes!


1. “Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises” by Demosthenes.

Hardly ever a great thing has a really great beginning. It very often is otherwise, most beginnings that turn to great enterprises look pathetic at the start and nobody is willing to contribute to those. I think that is one of the reasons why things that are great today are really great. There is nothing great if a great thing becomes a little greater, but if a miserably looking thing develops and grows and becomes admired by many people, that is what should be called great. 

2. “Imagination rules the world” by Napoleon Bonaparte.

It is probably one of my favorite quotes. I am amazed by the power of imagination. It is a transporter by means of which we transport things from invisible reality to the visible one. If you are able to tap into the power of your imagination, you tap into the miraculous. If you can see the invisible you can do the impossible. Connect your imagination with your faith and you will become a champion of the world.

3. "The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, I wish someone would come by and turn me on. What if they don't show up? You've got to have a better plan for your life than that" by Jim Rohn.

You have to learn how to find motivation inside of you. It is ok, to get impulses from outside, but you need a more stable source that does not run dry every week, or even every twenty four hours. Personally I do not find a better way to motivate myself than to remind myself what I really want. I also have to tell myself quite often not to give up when I fail, because failure is part of the process of growing, learning and achieving what you want.

4. “Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant” by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Some folks wait for the harvest every day. They plant a seed today and go to see whether there is some fruit tomorrow. They get very disappointed when they find out that there is nothing there. But life is not made that way. Harvest does not come in one day or one week, or even one month. I am not a farmer, but I know that there seeds have to go through a lot of processes before you can expect a harvest. Sowing, watering, weeding out and simply waiting are some of the stuff that you have to endure patiently. So, concentrate on sowing today so that you can reap a harvest in your nearest future. Don’t postpone it, for the harvest will be postponed too. 

5. “I do not try to dance better than others. I try to dance better than I did it yesterday” by Michail Baryshnikov. 

6. “Experience is what you get when you do not achieve what you want” author unknown. 

Before you go on I would also recommend you to visit a very similar and inspiring post:
http://bible-verse-of-the-day-blog.blogspot.com/p/inspirational-bible-verses.html

7. “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV).

8. “We get education at school and practice in life” by Vytautas Zilenas.

9. “Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today” by James Dean.

10. “Never, never, never, never give up” by Winston Churchill.

11. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice” by Wayne Dyer.

12. “Any fool can believe when he sees. It takes real faith to believe success when you do not see it” by Vytautas Zilenas.

13. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do” by Benjamin Spock.

14. “We have to stop saying what we have to do and do it” by Sarunas Jasikevicius (top European basketball player).

15. “I always turn a negative situation into positive situation” by Michael Jordan.

16. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying” by Michael Jordan.

17. “Our goal is not to build a platform; it’s to be cross all of them” by Mark Zuckerberg.

18. “We are running the company to serve more people” by Mark Zuckerberg.

19. “Face your fears and doubts and new worlds will open to you” by Robert Kiyosaki.

20. “If you want to go somewhere, it is best to find someone who has already been there” by Robert Kiyosaki.

21. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment” by Jim Rohn.

22. “As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big” by Donald Trump.

23. “In the end, you are measured not by how much you undertake, but by what you finally accomplish” by Donald Trump.

24. “I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act” by Bill Gates.

25. “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good” by Bill Gates.

26. “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted that for a minute” by Warren Buffett.

27. “If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians” by Warren Buffett.

28. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” by Nelson Mandela.

29. “Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will” by Nelson Mandela.

30. “Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed” by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

31. “If it’s hard to remember, it will be hard to forget” by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

32. “Ambition is a dream with V8 engine” by Elvis Presley.

33. “It’s human nature to gripe, but I am going ahead and doing the best I can” by Elvis Presley.

34. “You can’t take life for granted” by Jennifer Lopez.

35. “I have had all the disadvantages required for success” by Larry Ellison.

36. “Well, you know, I was a human being before I became a businessman” by George Soros.

37. “I have already figured out when I am going to be number 2 and number 1” by Sheldon Adelson.

38. “We will rebuild, renew and remain the capital of the free world” by Michael Bloomberg.

39. “If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful” by Jeff Bezos (Amazon owner).

40. “We just want great people working for us” by Sergey Brin (Google owner).

41. “If we were motivated by money we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach” by Larry Page (Google owner).

42. “There are a lot of things that go into creating success I don’t like to do just the things I like to do. I like to do things that cause company to succeed. I don’t spend a lot of time doing my favorite activities” by Michael Dell.

43. “The possible is constantly being redefined, and I care deeply about helping humanity move forward” by Paul Allen (Microsoft).

44. “You can’t explain much in 60 seconds, but when you show Michael Jordan, you don’t have to. It’s that simple” by Phil Knight (Nike).

45. “If you have a dream, give it a chance to happen” by Richard M. DeVos.

46. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it” by Oprah Winfrey.

47. “Follow your instincts. That’s when true wisdom manifests itself” by Oprah Winfrey. 

48. “Everybody has talent, it’s just a matter of moving around until you have discovered what it is” by George Lucas.

49. “Good luck has its’ storms” by George Lucas.

50. “I dream for a living” by Steven Spielberg.

51. “I am not really interested in making money” by Steven Spielberg.

52. “I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one's life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important” by David Rockefeller.

53. “Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success” by Henry Ford.

54. “Don’t find fault, find remedy” by Henry Ford.

55. “Aim for the highest” by Andrew Carnegie. 

56. “Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best” by Andrew Carnegie.

57. “No person will make a great business who wants to do it all by himself or get all the credit” by Andrew Carnegie.

58. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success” by Dale Carnegie.

59. “Happiness doesn't depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude” by Dale Carnegie. 

60. “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” by Dr. Seuss.

61. “You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room” by Dr. Seuss.

62. “Prohibition has made nothing but trouble” by Al Capone.

63. “To me, success is choice and opportunity” by Harrison Ford.

64. “You may get real tired watching me, but I am not going to quit” by Harrison Ford.

65. “There’s a drive in me that won’t allow me to do certain things that are easy” by Johnny Depp.

66. “Men must know their limitations” by Clint Eastwood.

67. “Sometimes when you want to see a change for the better, you will have to take things into your own hands” by Clint Eastwood.

68. “If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people” by Leonardo DiCaprio.

69. “My career should adapt to me. Fame is like a VIP pass wherever you want to go” by Leonardo DiCaprio.

70. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it” by Bruce Lee.

71. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of” by Bruce Lee.

72. “The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering” by Bruce Lee.

73. “I have different a constitution. I have a different brain; I have a different heart; I got tiger blood, man” by Charlie Sheen.

74. “Next in importance to having a good aim is to recognize when to pull the trigger” by David Letterman.

75. “As long as we persevere and endure, we can get anything we want” by Mike Tyson.

76. “I just want to do what I know best, and that’s fight. I love it” by Mike Tyson.

77. “I am a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds” by Mike Tyson.

78. “It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters” by Evander Holyfield. 

79. “Haters will say what they want, but their hate will never stop you from chasing your dream” by Justin Bieber. 

80. “The success I have achieved comes to me from God” by Justin Bieber. 

81. “I believe people can move things with their minds” by Justin Timberlake.

82. “There is nothing wrong with shooting for the stars” by Justin Timberlake.

83. “If I think more about death than some other people, it is probably because I love life more than they do” by Angelina Jolie.

84. “I think your self emerges more clearly over time” by Meryl Streep. 

85. “Your ‘I CAN’ is more important than your IQ” by Robin Sharma.

86. “Sometimes success isn’t about making the right decision, it’s more about making some decision” by Robin Sharma.

87. “The purpose of life is the life of purpose” by Robin Sharma.

88. “Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor” by Brian Tracy.

89. “Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true” by Brian Tracy.

90. “Successful people are simply those with successful habits” by Brian Tracy.

91. “For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent” by Tony Robbins. 

92. “If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten” by Tony Robbins.

93. “Every choice you make has an end result” by Zig Ziglar.

94. “If you learn from defeat you haven’t really lost” by Zig Ziglar.

95. “College isn’t the place to go for ideas” by Helen Keller.

96. “It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision” by Helen Keller.

97. “Once in one’s life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived” by Sylvester Stallone.

98. “Success is usually a culmination of controlling failure” by Sylvester Stallone.

99. “I always look for a challenge and something that’s different” by Tom Cruise.

100. “When you have to cope with a lot of problems, you’re either going to sink or you’re going to swing” by Tom Cruise.

God bless you. Have a nice day.

Read my previous post:


Today’s post:

Thought for the day 21st of June 2011