Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thought for the day 15th of May 2011


I don’t like the man. I must get to know him better” by Abraham Lincoln. 

There is so much prejudice in people’s relationships nowadays! So often we don’t know a person, but we judge him by our first impression about him. Somehow that impression is more negative than positive. We judge people by appearance: the way they look, talk, shake our hands and etc. This can tell something about a person, but not much. It takes time to get to know any person. We do this by talking, spending time together, and finding out each other’s worldview. 

When you meet a person for the first time your impression about him is only the tip of an iceberg. The essence is under the water, invisible for you if you don’t dive deeper. So, if you saw the person for the first time, do not hurry to make any judgments about the person for your impression about him might be absolutely wrong. Try to find out more about him and then you will be able to get a clearer picture of what kind of person he is. I hope you will find him to be much better than you initially imagined. 

Read my previous post:

I myself  am good fortune