Tuesday, January 17, 2012

8 motivational thoughts on success in life


Today on the blog “Thought for the day” I want to share some of my thoughts on success. You have probably read hundreds of tips and tricks on how to achieve it and the same number of rules that you have to follow. Some of them will definitely work, some never will. You will have to practice the rules that you have read about and see whether it works for you. I would not recommend accepting everything that I write here as absolute truth or a standard for success, nor to reject everything as something that never works. It does work. You should learn to filter things that you read in those books about success through your critical point of view and determine what steps you are going to use to become successful in life. I will try to share what works in my life and hope it will work in yours too. 

1. Knowing what you want in life would be number one of my list. I do not know how one can be successful if one does not know what he desires. Finding out what you desire will help you to find out who you really are. 

2. Positive thinking and self confidence would be on the top of my list. You have to believe that you can before you can really do it. Optimists are the people that do not give up but try new methods and ways till they reach what they want even if they have failed thousands of times before. 

5. Planning and implementation of your plans would follow the things that I have mentioned above. Directions are very important even if they are initially wrong. You can modify those when you are on your way. 

6. Ability to control your emotions and stay calm in the face of troubles and failures is another thing which is a must in order for you to succeed. You must guard peace of mind at all cost. When you are calm, you are able to make the best decisions in life. You cannot be led by your emotions, but only by your beliefs, values and logical thinking. These will help you not to make stupid and hasty decisions. 

7. Another thing, which is very important in my opinion, is to be flexible. When you know what you want and you have a plan how to achieve it, you have to be flexible to make necessary modifications when you see that not everything in your plan works. 

8. The last piece of advice regarding success in life that I want to give is to learn to use your time wisely. This is the capital that we will lose one day. Death will take this capital away from us and we will have to give account to God on how we used our time. Let’s therefore be prudent and use it wisely.

I hope you enjoyed my thoughts on success. I hope to share my thoughts on friendship next time.

See also: