Friday, August 31, 2012
I bet all of us have found ourselves thinking the very thoughts we want least in our heads. These negative thoughts just invade our minds and do not leave us alone. The more we try to quench them or get rid of them the stronger they become. You should not be surprised by that. Suppressing those negative thoughts actually make them stronger and cause you to generate or store up a lot of negative energy inside of you. What should you do then? Let us quickly look at that. The post will not be very extensive, but it will give you a few ideas on the subject.
1. Do not try to fight with those thoughts.
It is a battle that you will surely lose. For one reason or another, those thoughts find place in your mind and you have to deal with the cause not the effect of the problem.
2. Direct your attention elsewhere.
By fighting the thoughts you give them too much attention and by giving them your attention you give them your more power over you. Direct your attention elsewhere. Start thinking about things that really interest you!
3. Do not be afraid of those negative thoughts.
Fear will not help you. Understand this. A thought will not harm you in any way if you don’t allow it to. You are the master of your thoughts. Even the best and the most moral people occasionally have ugly thoughts. They do not concentrate on them. You shouldn’t too!
4. Fill your mind with nice images.
If you cannot imagine something nice yourself go to Google and search for some nice images of nature: waterfalls, jungles, exotic birds, mountains, clouds, oceans, lakes, rivers or the places that you have always wanted to visit. The negative stuff will go away really fast.
5. Listen to calm and nice music.
Thoughts come in various forms. They may come in words and images. But they can also come in the form of music. Music or art is a form of speaking. So, you just listen to those who have spoken their hearts and minds to others in the form of music and other forms of art and get a dose of good emotions, feelings and thoughts.
Ok, I believe that if you follow just a few of those tips you will be able to replace all of your negative thoughts with positive ones. Always remember that you are the master of your thoughts. Let it be so!
Other posts you should read:
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Life can be sometimes tough. It may seem that everything around starts falling apart and your dreams are shattered. It takes courage not to give in to depressing feelings but to stay inspired. We often get stuck in our negative experiences and past failures and forget that life is now. What can keep you going? Personal example! I try to search for some examples that could uplift my mood and put me back on track to success. This post will give you 25 inspirational thoughts that will help you in hard times. I hope you will be encouraged and blessed.
1. “If success is going to turn its’ back again against me I am going to kick its’ ass” author unknown.
2. “Be the change you want to see in the world” by Mahatma Gandhi.
3. “Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work” by Gustave Flaubert.
4. “I said thousands of times to my friend that we are going to win. “No way” he would answer. And he was right thousands of times. But it is better not to live if you do not believe” by Marijonas Mikutavicius (song “Three millions”).
5. “Most people choose the work that they do not like and they lose their lives, because if you do what you hate you do not really live in that area of your life” by Vytautas Zilenas.
6. “Success is ninety percent about your attitude and ten percent about your talents” by Vytautas Zilenas.
7. “Ability is nothing without opportunity” by Napoleon Bonaparte.
8. “Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily” by Napoleon Bonaparte.
9. “I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion” by Alexander the Great.
10. “There is nothing impossible for him who will try” by Alexander the Great.
11. “If not me, who? And if not now, when?” by Mikhail Gorbachev.
12. “It is better to be alone than in bad company” by George Washington.
13. “It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible” by George Washington.
14. “Always bear in mind that your resolution to succeed is more important than any other” by Abraham Lincoln.
15. “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm” by Abraham Lincoln.
16. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you” by Thomas Jefferson.
17. “All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move” by Benjamin Franklin.
18. “Winners are determined by victorious mentality” author unknown.
19. “Action is the final step you must take to achieve success” author unknown.
20. “You must love freedom more than security in order to have both” by Vytautas Zilenas.
21. “Any man is liable to err, only a fool persists in error” by Marcus Tullius Cicero.
22. “A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on” by John F. Kennedy.
23. “Change before you have to” by Jack Welch.
24. “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better” by Jim Rohn.
25. “Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things” by Peter Drucker.
Monday, April 2, 2012
The post for today is about love thoughts. All people need love. We want to get it and we want to share it. There are a lot of ways to get and keep this most awesome quality of all and I want to talk on one specific method in the post.
First of all, I believe that in order to get we must be willing to give. This is an undeniable law of sowing and reaping. And it works with love too. The more of it you give away, the more you get it back from others.
Secondly, I am convinced that love is not only a feeling, it is also an attitude. So, if you want to attract the thing into your life you must be willing to think about it and welcome it. Most people would not agree with me on that. They would say that they do think about it more than on anything else. But what kind of state are you in when you think about it? Most are unhappy, doubtful, and melancholic and they do not believe that they are going to achieve. Their thoughts on love are on the wrong wave length.
You have to be optimistic about it. You have to expect love and believe that it will come. And it will. Most ladies when they turn 24-30 become desperate. They tell more and more to themselves and sometimes others that they are missing the chance and most probably will never get married. Their focus is on the wrong area. This only strengthens their disappointment and doubts.
Better visualize yourself with that person and feel as if it has become a reality. It will not change the fact that you are alone, but it will place you in a position of accepting love that is meant for you.
Thirdly, you have to learn how to love yourself. Too many people hate themselves. But how can they expect that others will love them. They form a repelling atmosphere around them which makes everybody who enters it to leave those self hating people at once. You change the focus by looking at how wonderfully God made you. You are beautiful in His eyes and such you have to be in your own.
Fourthly, love comes when you learn how to forgive others. Do not keep hatred in your heart for it will destroy your capacity to receive and give love. Try to justify the person or people (in your mind) who have offended you.
Fifthly, do some love actions. Very often love is there, but you have to release it. Do something good for other people. Do something nice for the person whom you have warm feelings to. Do not rely only on thoughts and words. Move to actions and love will be there.
So, I do believe that thoughts on love can inspire you to have the most desirable quality in the world. I hope my article helped you to achieve it.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
We live on the planet earth only once and it is very important what kind of life we lead, choices we make, relationships we form and goals that we have. None of us wants (at the end of life) to regret the direction that we have taken in life and the time that has been wasted. The Bible says that all of us will have to stand before God and give account of how we lived our lives. He gives us our lives and He takes them back. It does not mean that He is cruel or something. There would have never been death if the first people hadn’t sinned. However, we have what we have now and He is a loving Father as well as a Judge. I believe we have to look at certain questions that will help us to find inspiration to live our lives worthily.
Use your talents to help others and for His glory
Everybody of us has been given certain talents. None of us came to this planet “empty handed”. The gifts that we have will, of course, help us to make a living, but they should also help others to achieve their potential and encourage them when they are down or on the verge of losing hope.
Live a life of purpose
Find a purpose of your life and live it. If you don’t have a goal in life you will probably waste your life, for a life without a purpose is aimless drifting in the sea of existence. And you are not called to exist.
When you know what you want and have a purpose it is time to start planning how you are going to achieve it. Sitting and expecting for your dream of time just to come true is simply wishful thinking and a waste of time.
Plan is no good if you do not follow it. Decide how much time you are going to spend each month, week and day to do specific works to implement your plan.
Prepare for a change
If you expect progress and success in life you have to be ready for a change. Our fixed attitudes are most often the biggest obstacles to materialization of our dreams. When we see that something (which we imagined is very good) does not work we must be willing to let our old way of thinking go and adopt new thoughts that will ultimately brings us to where we expect to get.
Concentrate on long term results
Life is not a sprint. It is a pretty long journey and you need certain qualities to persevere on the road or you will lose.
Distinguish between priorities and secondary things
Most people spend a lot of time on non important things and then they do not have enough time to set for their priorities. This shows that either they are mixed up in what they want or they are lazy to do the things they know should be doing. That’s the problem of most humans. They do everything except the most necessary things.
Build self discipline
Taking action and being disciplined in doing that is one of the most important elements for moving forward towards your dreams and goals in life. There are multitudes of people who think that discipline will steal away their freedom. As a matter of fact, it is the other way round. If you prefer to follow your little passions and small daily desires, you are a slave to those. And if you are able to control them and discipline yourself having a purpose of pursuing something bigger, you are a free person.
Have a positive attitude
I have written more on this subject than on anything else. Optimism will keep you going when things are tough and help you to pick yourself up when you fail. It will also help you to overcome negative feelings and pessimism coming from outside (other people opinions, mistakes, failures, bad circumstances and etc.). If you are observant you will clearly see that there are better days in life than bad ones. Pessimists simply do not notice that, because they mostly concentrate on negative things in life.
Be grateful for what you have
Ingratitude closes people’s hearts towards you. It also reveals whether you are an optimist or a pessimist. Since pessimists concentrate on the dark side of life, they tend not to notice the good that is there and therefore fail to thank God and people for the good that the latter have done to them. As they concentrate on the negative they fail to see the upcoming opportunities and often miss them.
I believe that all of us were created equal in the presence of God and each of us has enough opportunities to become a success in life. There are a number of steps that we have to follow. I hope my thoughts on life helped you figure those out.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
I believe that asking questions are often far more important than answering them. If you do not have questions, maybe you will never have answers. Absence of questions is an indication of indifference, apathy and often shallowness. Most people never seriously think about purpose of their lives and as they do not think about it, they do not know what they want in life. Each one of us has a destiny and a high call from God and asking questions is a process that will lead you to the answers about your life, your calling and your mission. Let me look today about some important thought provoking questions that every one of us should ask ourselves from time to time.
Would you cling to what you know or you would better try something new?
What holds you from achieving what you really want?
What motivates you on daily basis?
How do you use your time?
What has to happen for you to completely lose hope?
If you had to choose between security and freedom, which will one you choose?
How long can you do a job that you hate?
What kind of job would you choose: a boring and well paid or an interesting one and poorly paid?
Are you afraid of making mistakes?
Whose mistakes are you learning from: yours or those of others?
What do you do after making a mistake?
Career, money, friends, family, love! How would you rate them according to level of importance?
Are there white lies and in what situation you could tell them?
Do you believe that principle of “sowing and reaping” really works?
What are some of the principles or rules that you think you would not break under any circumstances?
What would you change about your life if you knew you had only twenty four hours to live?
If you could come back ten years, what would you do differently?
What do you do when you reach a ‘roof’ in some area of your life?
Would you do everything to prove you are right or you could make a compromise?
Which is more important: your beliefs or flexibility?
If you died today would you have a lot of regrets?
Do you really live or you only exist?
Do you compare yourself with more or less fortunate ones?
Do you concentrate on what you can or what you cannot?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Do you love or hate yourself?
What matters more your genes or your attitudes?
What movies and books have influenced your life most and why?
Which people have influenced your life most and why?
Which character quality would you like to develop most?
What are some of the important things that you are grateful for?
Do you believe there is a God and who He is?
Have you seen any miracles in your life? Do you believe they happen?
What is your mission in life?
What is your recipe for success?
Can external circumstances stop you from being successful?
Who or what is in control of your life?
What is the difference between being positive and positively naïve?
Are you a leader or a follower?
Can everybody be happy and why not everybody is?
What are your short and long term goals?
What do you need to change immediately about your life?
Have you made a plan on how you are going to achieve your dreams?
To what extent do you care what others think about you?
Can opinion of others stop you from doing something you want to do?
Do you help others expecting something back?
What is your greatest fear and do you do something to overcome it?
When you think about challenges do you concentrate on what you fear or what you desire?
If you caught a gold fish what wish would you ask it to grant for you?
How much have you “invested” on your self-improvement?
Where would be a ‘perfect’ geographical place for you to live?
Do you imagine what your dream house should look like?
Do you often see big problems when they are really small and small problems when they are really big?
If you thought about solution to all humanity’s problems what could that solution be?
What activities do you pursue in your free time?
Have your dreams already come true? Why? Why not?
What self indulgences do you have?
What do you think lack most in your life?
Do you think you have enough resources to achieve what you want?
Do you enjoy taking initiative or you like being given specific orders?
Do you lie to yourself and if you do why?
How do you budget your income?
Do you evaluate your progress each year?
How do you handle stress?
If you haven’t changed anything about your life anymore do you believe you will achieve your life goals?
Do you believe you have missed most opportunities in your life or the biggest opportunities are yet to come?
What are the ways that you believe you waste your free time?
If a person whom you love stands on your way to your dreams, what do you do?
How can you gain wisdom in life?
How much is enough for you in terms of money?
Do you often feel lonely?
Do you become more optimistic or pessimistic as you grow older?
Do you often stop and ask yourself questions like these ones?
As you may see these thought provoking questions cover a lot of areas of life. They have not been structured very strictly, but have been presented in quite a loose way. I do not think that all questions can be answered in a single way. Some of the questions will actually raise other questions. Do not be afraid of that. A mature person will often have more questions than answers, but that is not a problem. Being indifferent about your life is a much bigger problem for most people do not even come closer to what they have been called to just because they are indifferent. Hope the questions will help you to awaken lifelong purposes in your soul. God bless you!
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Happy thoughts is the topic of the post on the blog ‘Thought for the day’ today. Happiness is something that most of us strive for and very few of us achieve it. This is probably due to the fact that majority of people have wrong understanding of what the thing is and how it can be attained. Most have a completely false conception about the state. None of us can be happy all the time. It is not something that you bought and you own it for the rest of your life. It probably has very little to do with the things that we own, but more with the attitude that we have.
1. In order to attain and keep happiness you must entertain an optimistic approach to everything that surrounds you, happens to you, everything that you have achieved so far, everything that you own and everything that you do. I probably talk too much on the topic in my posts, but having a positive frame of mind is a daily battle that you have to be ready to fight every single day. Why? Because there are forces, people, circumstances and etc. that will try to take this attitude away from you and drag you into a mire of negativity where majority of people spend their lives. I hope you do not want to stay in that type of place for the rest of your life. You will probably get there from time to time, but be sure to pick yourself up and go out for this does not have to be your life.
2. Have true friends. Communication and communion are at the core elements in order to achieve happiness. We were meant for each other and cannot live without being with others and sharing our lives with them. Sharing your life with someone is probably the essence of family. It is not just expanding your family tree. It is receiving another person into your life and entering his/her life. That’s how two lives become one. A much bigger one than the two individuals would have living separately!
3. Learn to enjoy what you do and what you have to do. We may not like our present job and we will probably change it one day. However, in most situations you will not be able to make sudden changes. It takes time to find a new and better job, or start your own business. In the meantime, you have to learn to have fun doing what you are doing. Find the meaning in your job. Try to see how you can help others doing it. Stop saying to yourself that you hate it. It will not help, but only make things worse. Put your heart into it even if you will not see great financial benefit from it. Greatness starts with a great attitude. So, before you arrive at something greater than you have now, you have to become great by means of your approach and attitude.
4. Do not envy others. Trust that what is yours will come to you. If we believe that there is God, we should also trust that He has a good plan for everybody. Not only for others, but also for us! And He has the best possible plan for you. You have to believe that. It will take your desire, efforts, patience and endurance to achieve it. You will have a lot of failures and make a lot of mistakes along the way, but you should not get disappointed. Making mistakes is part of growing up process. God will take care that His plans for you will be fulfilled. If you do not give up along the path!
5. Base your life and choices on eternal Biblical principles. People who keep on breaking eternal principles that God established before creation of the world end up ruining their lives. Happiness is not possible if we are not in harmony with those principles. And it will likely come if we follow those. They will not restrict your freedom, or rights, but will protect them. They will only restrict your sinful desires. It may sound contradictory, but if you consider yourself a mature personality you will agree that self control is obligatory if we want everybody to enjoy personal freedom, not just a few special ones.
Hope you enjoy the post on happy thoughts.
Monday, January 23, 2012
Today, as I promised a few days ago, I want to give you a few thoughts on friendship. I believe there probably are more books, movies, articles and etc. produced on the topic. We often judge people by how many friends he or she has. Even folk wisdom states that you can know who the person is by looking at who his/her friends are. I know that there definitely are those who feel better by being alone than surrounded by a circle of friends and prefer solitude for a variety of reasons, but still the majority of us do need friends and under no conditions would agree to live without them.
How do we make friends
It is quite easy to make friends in childhood. You just spend some time playing with a few kids in a sandbox and you are friends with them. You start hanging around with the kids from neighborhood and your circle of friends expands. Later when kids become teenagers those relationships are sifted out and become stronger. That is the time when we start building friendships on common interests, likes and hobbies.
At this time opinion of the peers becomes more important than that of the parents. When we start going to universities or begin working this could be another stage of finding new friends. This is a time when most people find their second halves and create families.
It seems that with time it becomes more and more difficult to find friends as we become more rigid and have fewer people around. It is quite easy to make friends at school or university where you could have hundreds of boys and girls around and much more difficult at work where there could be only five or twenty colleagues.
It takes determination and willingness to go out of your comfort zone and meet new people and make new contacts, but that is necessary if you feel that the old circle of friends has been broken.
Why do we need friends
Because we are social beings! We want to share, give and get, accept and be accepted. All of us have a deep need to love and to be loved. This becomes a reality in a circle of friends, among those that are close to each other. In this case, a lot of friends may not be a good thing at all. It is difficult to share precious things with crowd. So, do not envy people who seem to have a lot of friends and be very popular. They might be absolutely empty inside and very often feel very lonely. I believe it is best to have two or three very close friends whom you could rely on and share mutual joys and sorrows.
Random nice thoughts on friendship
I would like to finish the post be a few nice thoughts on friendship by unknown authors.
“If you ever lose a close friend, do not be sad, because you have never really had him. It is impossible to lose a true friend”.
“To be a true friend means to notice a tear, which has not appeared in the eyes yet and see a hidden wound in the heart”.
“Everybody is listening when you speak, but only friends hear you”
“Best friends hear you even when you do not say a word”.
“No friendship can be found where there is no humility and amenability”.
That many thoughts on friendship on the blog “Thought for the day”. Hope you liked them.