Saturday, July 9, 2011

17 top inspirational FAITH quotes on strength, trust, hope, life and God

Faith quotes is the topic of the post on the blog ‘Thought for the day’ today. I have dealt a lot with faith in my posts, but I have not written a full post on it yet. I think I will do it in a few days time. Now I want to give you a few cool quotations about confidence. The topic can be discussed both from religious point of view and also in terms of pure assurance. One thing you can be sure, everyone has some kind of beliefs and he lives following those. It is important to turn them in the right direction though. Hope my articles will help you to do that. 

1. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence” by Helen Keller.

You will hardly ever do something you don’t believe in. If you do, it won’t last long for you will not have any motivation and inspiration to persevere as you will not have a long term vision in front of your eyes which you would believe. Before starting doing something, check if you really believe that you are going to succeed.

2. “Faith certainly tells us what the senses do not, but not the contrary of what they see; it is above, not against them” by Blaise Pascal.  

I would agree with Pascal in part. I believe there are two realities: visible and invisible one. Sometimes these two contradict each other. Faith is directly connected to invisible reality and may show you absolutely different things than your physical eyes see. You might be sick in your body, but if you believe in your heart that you are healed, you really are and it will be manifested also in your body sooner rather than later. It is a complicated subject and I will deal with it when I write a full post on faith. But yes, it is above our senses and it tells us more than our five senses do.

3. “The only force that can overcome an idea and a faith is another and better idea and faith, positively and fearlessly upheld” by Dorothy Thompson.  

I could not agree more. I am convinced that faith is the greatest power that a human being has at his disposal. One should use it for the betterment of the whole world, not just for himself. You will always feel power emanating from a person who speaks with conviction.

4. “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history” by Mohandas K. Gandhi.  

Gandhi knew what he was talking about. He was fired with this kind of confidence himself. It changed his world and when his world was changed it had a tremendous influence all over the world. I think you would agree with me that he changed the course of history.

5. “16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created” James 1:16-18 (NIV).

6. “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1 (NIV).

 

7. You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life” by Steve Jobs. 

8. “I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you” by Friedrich Nietzsche. 

9. “I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much” by Mother Teresa. 

10. “Our distrust is very expensive” by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

11. “To move ahead you need to believe in yourself...have conviction in your beliefs and the confidence to execute those beliefs” by Adlin Sinclair. 

12. “Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light” by Helen Keller.

13. “I would rather err on the side of faith than on the side of doubt” by Robert Schuller. 

14. “Hope, deceitful as it is, serves at least to lead us to the end of our lives by an agreeable route” by François Duc de La Rochefoucauld.

15. “Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths” by Drew Barrymore.

16. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" by Franklin D. Roosevelt.

17. "No army can withstand the strength of an idea whose time has come" by Victor Hugo.
I hope you enjoyed faith quotes.

See also:

Positive thoughts

Best life quotes

Letting go quotes

Positive thinking quotes

Belief quotes