You will hardly ever do something you don’t believe in. If you do, it won’t last long for you will not have any motivation and inspiration to persevere as you will not have a long term vision in front of your eyes which you would believe. Before starting doing something, check if you really believe that you are going to succeed.
2. “Faith certainly tells us what the senses do not, but not the contrary of what they see; it is above, not against them” by Blaise Pascal.
I would agree with Pascal in part. I believe there are two realities: visible and invisible one. Sometimes these two contradict each other. Faith is directly connected to invisible reality and may show you absolutely different things than your physical eyes see. You might be sick in your body, but if you believe in your heart that you are healed, you really are and it will be manifested also in your body sooner rather than later. It is a complicated subject and I will deal with it when I write a full post on faith. But yes, it is above our senses and it tells us more than our five senses do.
3. “The only force that can overcome an idea and a faith is another and better idea and faith, positively and fearlessly upheld” by Dorothy Thompson.
I could not agree more. I am convinced that faith is the greatest power that a human being has at his disposal. One should use it for the betterment of the whole world, not just for himself. You will always feel power emanating from a person who speaks with conviction.
4. “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history” by Mohandas K. Gandhi.
Gandhi knew what he was talking about. He was fired with this kind of confidence himself. It changed his world and when his world was changed it had a tremendous influence all over the world. I think you would agree with me that he changed the course of history.
5. “16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created” James 1:16-18 (NIV).
6. “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1 (NIV).
17. "No army can withstand the strength of an idea whose time has come" by Victor Hugo.
I hope you enjoyed faith quotes.
Best life quotes
Letting go quotes
Positive thinking quotes