Saturday, July 23, 2011

On the brevity of life

Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right” by H.H. Morant.

Thoughts about brevity of life came to my mind today. You live only one life. When you die, your journey in this world is over. You will never come back again. You will either be in eternal heaven or eternal hell. You do not have much time to make a right choice. Jesus Christ is the way to eternal Father. He is the only path to everlasting life. Choose Him today by repenting of your sins and accepting His life into your heart.

I believe we have to be optimists and always expect the best. However, do not sit around just dreaming. Find your calling in life. Go after it. Ask God what He has purposed for you. You have a wonderful destiny from God. You will either find it or miss it. If you are not searching for it, you will probably miss it. Go to your prayer room today and ask Him to guide you. If you have never prayed in your life, start by asking God to forgive your sins in Jesus name. Then ask Him about His plan for your life.

Life is very short. You cannot risk wasting it. I live in Lithuania. In 2007 about 47 thousand citizens of my country died and passed on to the other side of eternity. Where are they now? I have told you about those two places. It’s your choice to believe or not. Every year about 45 thousand Lithuanians die. This is a nation of 3 million. I have a heart for my nation and I do not want them to spend eternity in hell. I want them to live forever with Christ. 

What about you and your country? I am sure, statistics everywhere is pretty the same. In some countries people live a little longer, in some, a little less. However, whatever nationality you have: American, Japanese, Russian, Nigerian, Indian and etc. you will die one day. This day is getting closer, not further. Around 2.5 million Americans die every year. Do you want to know how many people die worldwide a year? Around 57 million! Where do they go? They do not disappear. They continue their existence on the other side of eternity. We will join them one day. 

Let us not be fools and disregard warnings regarding the place we will go. If you get there, you will never be able to change your location. Choose your destination today. 

If you do not know how to do it I will encourage you to pray sincerely this prayer:” Dear God I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness. I believe that your Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin. Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior. Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.
Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
Amen.

If you prayed the prayer sincerely you are saved. Now you will need to find a Bible believing church and attend it every week. I believe God will continue working in your life and showing you the path you have to follow. God bless you!

See also:

Faith quotes


Free will