Monday, July 25, 2011

Fear not

“10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10-14 (New International Version).

Today I want to give you a message of encouragement and also inspire some hope in your soul. I see a lot of people bound by fear today. They are afraid of the future, of diseases, of losing work, of problems in their families, of thieves and other types of criminal elements, of natural disasters and calamities. Even if those causes for fear may seem quite illogical, people still are bound by fear. They try to find security from those fears in material things, social circles, medicine, television and many other exterior things. The foundation for the safety that those things bring is very unstable. You need some solid ground which you can stand on and not be afraid. What is your ground?

My ground is Lord my God. I trust Him and believe that He can take of all my troubles and protect me from all of my fears. His presence is with me. I feel it when I pray and the peace that His presence brings calms down all my fears. I do not have to protect myself. I have somebody stronger standing for me against my enemies. Who can attack me if the Lord of entire universe is on my behalf? Nobody! There is no match for Him. He is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. I am convinced there is nothing to fear if you have such a personality as your protector.

Is He your protector? If not, you can do something to change that. You have to make Him your Lord and Savior. I gave a prayer of repentance in my previous post and I would encourage you to read that. Later I will make a separate page with that prayer that anyone can pray and be born again. Make Him your Protector and fear not anymore.

See also:

Brevity of life

Worry quotes