Monday, June 13, 2011
15 mostly inspirational quotes about letting go, break up and moving on
Letting go quotes is the topic of the post on the ‘Thought for the day’ blog today. There are very many situations in life when we let our plans, thoughts, dreams or people go. It can be both a good thing and a bad one. Much depends on what you actually let go. I believe we sometimes have to hold onto things and at other times to lose the hold. I want to present some quotes on the theme and comments that might give you insights how you could behave in one situation or another.
1. “In order to please others, we loose our hold on our life’s purpose” by Epictetus.
I am convinced that we should never do that. We have to be true to our principles and faithful to our goals rather than sacrifice them for the purpose of pleasing others. Compromise is good if it serves some higher purpose but not some servile attitude to be somebody else so that you could conform to others. Never do that! It is neither good for you nor for people whom you are trying to please. Be free to believe what you think is true and don’t reject your beliefs for the sake of accepting beliefs of people who want to control you.
2. "Courage is the power to let go of the familiar" by Raymond Lindquist.
How we are afraid of losing our comfort zones! We so get used to our jobs, our style of doing things, our living places, our acquaintances that we immediately feel insecure if something happens that threatens to change this. If you will keep holding on to what you know, you will probably lose a lot of opportunities to find and explore great unknown things. Let go that comfort zone and get courage to go into the unknown.
3. “True love doesn’t have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you” author unknown.
We will have to see our loved ones die one day, whether we want it or not. That is unavoidable. I believe, there will be a day when death will no longer reign in our human bodies. However, today we still feel pain and suffer when we lose our loved ones. When this happens we should always remember that we will see them on the other side of eternity. So, don’t tie yourself too much to those who have gone to the other side. Live now, for by grieving over a loss you will change nothing, but only feel more and more depressed. If you love people who were your friends or family members and they died, just let them go. Don’t live with your memories. There will be reunion when time comes. Don’t hasten the day. God decides when you have to go beyond. Enjoy your days to the fullest.
4. “We need in love to practice only this: letting each other go. For holding on comes easily–we do not need to learn it” by Rainer Maria Rilke.
Trust and freedom can only be in our relationships as long as we let one another do what they want to do. You cannot plan a life for another person. If you do and he obeys, you have a slave, not a friend or a family member. Therefore, parents have to let their children go and live their lives, friends have to let their friends to pursue careers they want. Maybe we lose friends by doing this, but true friendship is never built on demands and requirements. It is a choice that is based on a free will. Let others be what and who they want to be. You have many more chances to preserve a friendship by doing that than by trying to manipulate people.
5. “To break up is dying bit by bit” French saying.
6. “Relationships are as fragile as glass. It is sometimes better to leave them broken rather than continue cutting your hands with them” author unknown.
7. “He loves that can continue loving even after separation, not the one who cannot get separated” J. Laucius.
8. “Separation for love is the same as wind for fire. It quenches small love, but fans a big one even stronger” A. Kuprin.
9. “If relationship got broken, it means one of the two wanted it to happen. Let both of them move on with their lives” author unknown.
10. “Love is a moment that flashes with radiance of all suns and stars in the universe” M.K. Ciurlionis.
11. “Solitude purifies a pure heart of a great man and a tough heart of a small man becomes even rougher in loneliness” by Ernest Hemingway.
12. “One has to love not what is eternal, but what does not repeat two times” by V. Petkevicius.
13. “Not only love, but also friendship is born at first sight. As you can put a huge book into a film, your entire life can be stored into one look. And if somebody can read the most important pages in one second – he is your friend” J. Maciukevicius.
14. “When you think that everything has fallen apart, nobody loves you, success has deserted you, dreams are over; you have to do one important thing – move on” by Vytautas Zilenas.
I hope you enjoyed these letting go quotes and were encouraged by them. I will surely expand the list in the nearest future. God bless you.
Read my previous post: