Friday, January 13, 2012
6 random thoughts
Today I just wanted to give you a few random thoughts on the blog “thought for the day”. New Year is often time when we make a lot of promises to ourselves that we are going to change, quit bad habits, improve our relationships or start a new and better career. Unfortunately, for most these promises never come true. The same situations and behavior patterns as well as failures repeat after a few days after we make our promises and we lose hope of changing. Why does that happen?
1. For most of us it happens, because we do not set goals, make plans and do something to achieve those purposes. We fail to create a strategy that we would follow daily in pursuit of our dreams. Nothing hinders us so much on our way to fulfillment of our desires as absence of strategy for our lives.
2. Bookshelves of most bookstores are breaking from motivational books on how to achieve success and happiness in life. Some of them are good, some are not. You have to find your own path towards success and walk on it. You have to find out what works for you.
3. Most of us have dreams, few of us have plans how to turn them into reality. This is often due to the fact that we speak too much about our dreams and do not do anything about it. Statistics show that those who share their dreams with others tend to do less to go after those dreams than people who keep their dreams for themselves until they reach them. Just sharing your dreams may cause you to form an illusion that you have already achieved your dream while you may have not done anything serious about it yet.
4. Keep your dream to yourself and boast about it only after you have reached it. It may sound different to what most positive thinking books teach you, but it is closer to the truth than you may have thought.
5. Another thing which you have not to forget is that even if you have big and great dreams you will only achieve them if you work really hard. The bigger your dream is the greater price you will have to pay. If you do not want to admit that you’d better forget your dreams and start looking for something more realistic. Every dream has a price which you will have to pay. Faith, visualization and other good things do not work by themselves. You have to mix those with planning, strategy and actions.
6. There is no single key to success. There is a bundle of keys which you will have to use in order to achieve your goals. Take time not only for dreaming, but also for creation of plans and strategy that will help you to implement the very dreams you long to see becoming a reality on day.
I hope my random thoughts were useful and you will be able to apply them in your daily life this year. God bless you in your endeavors.
Labels: random thoughts