Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thought for the day 28 of November 2011


Welcome back to the ‘thought for the day’ blog. I haven’t written a post for about two months. There have been some issues with my blog ranking, because it was sandboxed for some reason by Google, but now things seem to be going better and I want to continue posting. Not sure if I will do it every day, but I will try to write as often as I can. Today I want to give you one scripture from the Philippians 3:13-14 and it goes: “Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.“

I often ask myself what my goal in life is. I do see some short term targets, but occasionally stumble when it comes to a long term purposes. I have them, but they are often too abstract and have to be specified, simplified and there has to be developed ways how to achieve them. I have been working on that recently. I would not say that I have only one goal in life. Maybe that is not good, but I am changing and developing, and maturing as a personality, and with time my goals can change. 

However, I cannot live without a goal and I am pretty sure than nobody can. Therefore, I spend each day thinking both about my short term goals and long term purposes. I feel blessed when I do that. That is probably the best booster for my motivation. If you feel demotivated and lost your vision start thinking on what you want to achieve in life and when you find that out your motivation will soar. God bless you in finding your purpose in life and pressing toward it.

See also: